Saturday, May 24, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
So I got tagged by a fellow artfester Heather at Paper Follies with the task of sharing seven weird or random facts with you about myself. I am not sure you if really what to know about the depth of my weirdness. *wink*
- I gave the introductory speech for Orville Redenbacher to 3000 people at a national 4-H conference when I was 13. (there's one for the resume)
- I firmly believe most savory foods can be improved with the addition of feta cheese and sunflower seeds. Stir fry, tomato soup, pizza, baked potatoes... try it!
- I had one of the most "spiritual" experience of my life in a vodou temple in New Orleans surrounded by dusty icons thousands of coins and so much reverence.
- If its old, the paint is peeling, its rusty, its dirty, its broken down, I am guaranteed to love it.
- I was crowned the Ferry County Fair Queen in 1987 and also was a member of the *gasp* cheer leading squad for my high school. "I have came along ways, baby!" From fair queen and cheerleader to tattooed, pierced, queer alternative artist!
- If it's what most people would consider gross I will probably like it. I tried to bring home a petrified ran over rat home from New Orleans, but my travelling companion wouldn't let me.
- The picture of above said rat is one of my prized possessions!
LOL! at myself...
Ok now my turn to tag some wonderful people. So the deal is you link back to the person that tagged you then do the assignment (Which in the name of creativity, I am going to alter a bit) and then you tag seven new people and leave them a comment letting them know they have been tagged.
Assignment : I want to know 7 weird or random things about you but instead of writing them down I want you to express them through pictures. Happy playing for all..
My tags go visit them...
http://www.bluewaterwings.typepad.com/ Colleen, dear artfest friend and serendipitous maker of goddess with wings also.
http://www.pookieville.typepad.com/ a fellow artfester and flicker contact with a sweet blog
http://littlesomethings.blogspot.com/ Kim, takes the most beautiful still life photos of flowers.
http://dollfacedesign.blogspot.com/ Layla of Dollface designs check out her amazing vintage collage prints on etsy
http://theartdreamer.blogspot.com/ also an artfester who I didn't get the pleasure of meeting but loved her fatbook page so much I had to tag her.
http://lanipuppetmaker.blogspot.com/ loved her trade from artfest and check out the video on her blog of Jill Bolte talking about her spiritual experience of having a stroke
http://melissamanleystudios.blogspot.com/index.html fun fabulous artfest instructor that introduced me to the fabulous world of gut.
Happy playing for all..
hugs and peace ClAriSsA
Friday, May 2, 2008
So I have been pretty lax in keeping up to date with my blog. See I am in crunch/deadline mode getting ready for the University District Street Fair on May 17, 18. The picture to the left is my booth from Anacortes Arts festival last summer. Just reminding myself what a full stocked booth looks like. I am down to the wire with just a couple of weeks to go. So I am feeling the stress, but I kind of enjoy the stress also. I often get more done with less internal critiquing when I am up against a deadline. The Virgo part of me would love to fuss and redo and pick and fuss till things were just "perfect", but when there is a deadline looming the firey Leo takes over and things just get done.. lol at myself.
This piece is my Burlesque inspired ring. Definitely not the most practical piece of jewelry but I love the whimsical nature of it. It is a asymmetrical copper and brass discs sandwiched with feathers, ribbons, and pieces of Susan's resin paper.
This was the first ring we worked on with beads or stones held captive between the metal band. I wish I would have gone for a narrower band that was a bit more refined, but next time. I do really like the way the sea glass juts up all wonky and asymmetrical..
Ok.. back to work.. I will post the projects from my other classes soon... hopefully..