Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Contemporary Artist using Gut

I am amazed at the incredibly different ways artists are using gut as a medium.

 

This installation by Martha Ross Raisanen sets my heart on fire.

I love the old bottles and the textures.  The feeling that you are uncovering some ancient treasure cocooned in mystery.

 

Martha Ross Raisanen’s Collective Secrets

 

Jill Nordfors Clark  Using gut like a weaver or basket maker

Love this delicate yet strong cocoon shape by Pat Hickman

 

I also found pieces I could hardly believe were made of the same material I have used.

Peggy Vanbianchi

WHISTLING IN THE WIND
2000
Gut, colored pencil

 

Fabulous art boots made by Carol Durham

 

Wow what an amazing medium!!

Want to come and learn more about it:

Are you Guts Enough?

Sept 8th and 9th    10-2     $90 (some supplies included)

Clarissa Callesen’s Studio

1920 Main St, Ferndale, WA 98248

No comments:

pintrest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...