Saturday, April 10, 2010

WhAt i Am LiStEniNg tO....


Amber Darland's debut full length album "Truce".
Got it as a present from a dear friend at Xmas time and listened to it on repeat so many times I had to put it away for awhile. Just got it out yesterday and remembered how much I enjoy her voice and lyrics.

My favorite lyric is "with a little time this love's gonna learn to bend" Speak right to me in a very personal way and I do believe we have to learn to be flexible with our love. Loving and relating to other humans isn't always easy but I have found it worth the stretch and bend...


some other lyrics that jump out at me... "our egos like watchdogs on doorsteps keep us in"
How many things do our egos keep us from doing? from looking silly... from trying something new because we are afraid of being bad at it.... from forgiving...


and then a happy sunny Saturday lyric... "so kick up some dirt and be glad to be alive with your feet on the ground still so ready to fly"


Local Bellingham singer song writer that I have been enjoying for quite a few years now in coffee shops and at the farmers market. Check out her website or myspace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

pintrest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...