Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finished Pages for Artfest Fatbook





So I finished the pages for the 2008 Artfest Fatbook swap. I collaged and painted an original painting from a sketch I had done several years ago passing the time at an art fair. Then created a complimentary simpler painting with all my contact info on it for the back. Then dual sided color copied them and cut them all out and then... embellished one edge, with a whole adventure of staplers, sewing machine, grommets, and hole punching. I ended up liking the stapler best but there was a definate learning curve to get the look I wanted. The concept of the Fat book is that everyone makes a single page and then they are collected and some amazing person covers and binds all of the books. Along the outside edge of everyones pages is a smorgasbord of dangling fibers, charms, and in my case leaves and feathers. I can't wait to see the finished project. This is my first time participating in this swap and it was a lot of work on top of all my other commitments in life, but I am sure it will be well worth it. I will post pics of the finished project when I get my hands on it... yippee...

3 comments:

donna joy said...

awesome pages-can't wait to see the finished project either-

Michele R. Unger said...

I love your pages! Wow, wow and, um, WOW! Can't wait to see one in person!

Clarissa Callesen said...

Yeah! They arrived just in the nick of time to be bound! Thanks for the comments. Can't wait to see everyone else pages

pintrest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...